Home » Posts tagged 'asbestos newcastle'
Tag Archives: asbestos newcastle
Asbestos is known to be a material that has a shiny appearance during its natural state. In fact, this material was extremely popular in the construction industry in the early days. But the popularity didn’t last too long as researchers found out that asbestos was capable of causing severe health issues. Due to this reason, it is recommended not to touch this material while coming face-to-face. Instead, calling a professional makes sense during these times.
- To Contain the Asbestos – Although it is recommended not to touch asbestos, getting rid of it isn’t a mandatory solution. It is important that the professional first inspect the material to ensure proper analysis of the situation. If the analysis is to contain this material, then the professional will do it although it isn’t a permanent solution.
- To Remove the Asbestos – Removal of asbestos is only done provided the situation is bad. This is a permanent solution, however, only after the professional’s recommendation.
You may be wondering as to why asbestos shouldn’t be touched, but there are reasons. Asbestos is a delicate material that can be easily crumbled with the slightest touch. Due to this reason, it can become invisible as it can easily get mixed with the atmosphere that can enter the lungs through the nose and mouth. If it manages to enter the lungs, then the accumulation of this material will cause severe health issues that have no treatments at the moment. Consulting a doctor might be your only best hope.
Remember, asbestos inspection in Newcastle should only be done by a professional.
Asbestos is known to have a fluffy-like appearance when it is during its natural state. During this state, asbestos is known to have certain characteristics like resistant to heat, electricity, chemical corrosion etc. It was these characteristics that increased the popularity of asbestos so much especially in the construction industry. But the popularity did not last for a long time with studies done on asbestos when researchers revealed that asbestos led to serious health issues. When it comes to asbestos, you should be aware with some of these types.
- Amosite – Brown asbestos is another named for amosite which is known to be found in cement sheets, insulation products, ceilings etc.
- Chrysotile – The most common and popular type of asbestos known is the chrysotile. On the surface of the walls, floors, roofs and ceilings of the structure is where this asbestos is known to be found.
- Crocidolite – This is the type of asbestos that is known to offer traditional steam engines as a form of protection. Moreover, this type of asbestos also offered protection when used with cements, pipe insulation, plastics etc.
- Tremolite and Actinolite – Probably the least popular type of asbestos would be the tremolite and actinolite. The reason behind their least popularity since these 2 were known to cause contamination to different asbestos like vermiculture, chrysotile etc.
These are the most popular types of asbestos you should be aware of at all times. It is therefore recommended to avoid touching this material if you come across since it can easily get crumbled with the slightest of touches. Make sure to call a professional in order to first undergo asbestos inspection in Newcastle area.